Welcome Back Curlers!
Welcome to the Chatham Granite Club's brand new web site! We have many opportunities for you to participate in the great sport of curling at the Chatham Granite Club.
There are leagues Monday through Fridays, all different skill levels and time slots. As well as this we have Junior Curling. Whether you want to curl day or night check out the section titled 'Our Leagues' for more information.
League curling will start up again on Monday October 20th, stay tuned for updates for the Open House and league sign up.
See you on the ice.
Rand Macintosh, Club President
Celebrating it's 152'nd season along the Thames River, The Chatham Granite Club has five sheets of pristine, modern curling ice, change rooms with lockers and a licensed lounge facility with fully equipped kitchen. Our lounge is air conditioned and available for summer rental for functions such as business meetings, showers, wedding, and parties. The Chatham Granite Club also operates a fully stocked pro shop for all of your curling equipment needs.
Our ice conditions are quick and curly, just like professional ice today. As modern as it comes, our ice is professionally maintained and considered "pristine" as well is competed on at a provincial level. Our rocks are conditioned to provide fresh striking bands and a late breaking point. The ice is considered some of the best in Ontario today and is all housed under original British Columbia Cedar.
New Website Features
- The site will host standings for every single league that is played at the Granite Club.
- We will keep you up to date on our member's results in OCA events.
- The World Curling Tour standings will also be included.
- This is a big upgrade! We will post scores from all of the games played throughout each week.
- A Weekly News bulletin will be posted on its respective page.
- We will keep you up-to-date on any OCA news, with an RSS Feed on its respective page on the left.
- A work in progress; A Member's Zone. This will be a way to to post your thoughts about our club on a private page. The page is password protected and only members who contact us will be granted the password to this page.
- Submissions: All league convenors will be required to email us their descriptive scores from the club's new score cards, the standings each week, and the schedule. Convenors can email us as email@example.com. Please see the "Submissions" page on your left.
- Members are encouraged to send us pictures from the club if they have any which will be placed appropriately throughout the website. These pictures can also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will be able to directly access our Facebook page and our new Twitter feed right from the site!
- Game of the Week: Each week, one game will be chosen from one of the league schedules and will be featured on the homepage. Each game will have an excitement value to it whether that be an old rivalry or a rookie against a veteran!
- A Junior's Page is in the works!
Game of the Week
What's Happening in 2014-2015?
- Exciting news! Our website is currently being re-designed! Check back in September to see the final product.
- Opening House coming in October!
- Leagues start-up, October 20th.
- Learn to Curl - An introduction for new curlers will be scheduled for the week of the Open House.Want to be part of a team off the ice? Contact the Club for Board position opportunities. It's your Club!
- Updated and powerful standings! All league convenors, please look to your left and see the submissions tab. Here, you can send us your standings and scores.
- Updated score cards! We have created a new template that will allow for more diverse score tracking. This is just like professional curling scoring!
Thank you to our 2013-14 sponsors - click here