Celebrating it's 153'rd season along the Thames River, The Chatham Granite Club has five sheets of pristine modern curling ice, change rooms with lockers and a licensed lounge facility with fully equipped kitchen. Our lounge is air conditioned and available yearly for functions such as business meetings, showers, weddings, and parties. The Chatham Granite Club also operates a fully stocked Goldline© pro shop for all of your curling equipment needs.
Our ice conditions are quick and curly, just like professional ice today. As modern as it comes, our ice is professionally maintained and considered "the best in Southern Ontario" as well is competed on at a provincial level. Our rocks are conditioned to provide fresh striking bands and a late breaking point. The ice rink, built in 1962 is completely housed under original British Columbia Cedar.
- Mark your calendar's folks for October 14th. The open house and registration for the club will take place during the evening on that date.
- Membership rates for the 2015/2016 season have been updated.
- The club's event schedule has been released. Check the calendar or the event page for more information.
- Your 2015/2016 board of directors has been announced. Check the board's page for more information.
- A BIG thank you to Rob and Cole Abbey for replacing the club broom heads over the Christmas Holidays! We appreciate you!
- The Membership Directory has been added to the Member's Zone. Please contact us at email@example.com to gain access to this page.
- The site will host standings for every single league that is played at the Granite Club.
- We will keep you up to date on our member's results in OCA events.
- A work in progress; A Member's Zone. This will be a way to post your thoughts about our club on a private page. As well, a Ontario curling club directory and map will be linked, and a member's directory will be placed here as well. "A great place to find a spare". The page will be password protected and only members who contact us will be granted the password to this page.
- Submissions: All league convenors will be in charge of their respective league page. Contact them orsee the submissions page on your left to have information updated.
- Members are encouraged to send us pictures from the club if they have any which will be placed appropriately throughout the website. These pictures can also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will be able to directly access our Facebook page and our new Twitter feed right from the site!
- Game of the Week: This will be discontinued for this season, but may be back next year. Each week, one game will be chosen from one of the league schedules and will be featured on the homepage. Each game will have an excitement value to it whether that be an old rivalry or a rookie against a veteran!
What's Happening in 2015-2016?
This year, to accommodate all curlers, we will have skip's choice and club curling available on Monday and Thursday nights. If you wish to curl with your spouse or a friend(s), then sign your team up under skip's choice. If you are looking for a team, then sign up under club curling.
- Another new curling format is emerging called Sturling. It is a lot of fun and helps you to develop your game. With only 2 players per team and less rocks to deliver, the game moves very quickly and only takes about 1 hour. This is ideal for those that are unable to travel up and down the ice while sweeping. We are willing to discuss a league to accommodate curlers who might be interested. Check out the rules at http://www.sturling.net/Rules.html.
- The open house this year will take place on October 14th.
- Be sure to check our packed schedule, bonspiel conveners would love some volunteers.
- Want to be part of a team off the ice? Contact the Club for Board position opportunities. It's your Club!
- Updated and powerful standings.! All league convenors, please look to your left and see the submissions tab. Here, you can send us your standings and scores.
- Updated score cards! An easier format has been created.
Thank you to our 2015-16 sponsors - click here