Celebrating it's 152'nd season along the Thames River, The Chatham Granite Club has five sheets of pristine, modern curling ice, change rooms with lockers and a licensed lounge facility with fully equipped kitchen. Our lounge is air conditioned and available for summer rental, for functions such as business meetings, showers, weddings, and parties. The Chatham Granite Club also operates a fully stocked pro shop for all of your curling equipment needs.
Our ice conditions are quick and curly, just like professional ice today. As modern as it comes, our ice is professionally maintained and considered "pristine" as well is competed on at a provincial level. Our rocks are conditioned to provide fresh striking bands and a late breaking point. The ice is considered some of the best in Ontario today and is all housed under original British Columbia Cedar.
- Jim Brackett won the game of the week!
- The MED and Competition coaching courses went extremely well. Both the instructors and coaches to be were extremely impressed with our community and beautiful club.
- A big thank you goes out to Bill Park for the donation of a new microwave to our kitchen.
- Thanks to Charlotte Sparks for doing the traditional pre-season kitchen clean up.
- Also thank you to the Business Ladies league for purchasing and donating new bar glasses and new glass kitchen bowls. We appreciate you!
- Junior Curling start date has been released. The first day will be on Sunday November 2nd, from 1:00 to 3:00 pm. Bring a clean pair of running shoes, some warm clothes, and some flexible clothing! It will be a great time!
New Website Features
- The site will host standings for every single league that is played at the Granite Club.
- We will keep you up to date on our member's results in OCA events.
- The World Curling Tour standings will also be included.
- This is a big upgrade! We will post scores from all of the games played throughout each week.
- A Weekly News bulletin will be posted on its respective page once the season has started.
- We will keep you up-to-date on any OCA news on its respective page on the left.
- A work in progress; A Member's Zone. This will be a way to to post your thoughts about our club on a private page. As well, a Ontario curling club directory will be linked, and hopefully a member's directory will be placed here as well. "A great place to find a spare". The page will be password protected (once the member directory is uploaded) and only members who contact us will be granted the password to this page.
- Submissions: All league convenors will be required to email us their descriptive scores from the club's new score cards, the standings each week, and the schedule. Convenors can email us as email@example.com. Please see the "Submissions" page on your left.
- Members are encouraged to send us pictures from the club if they have any which will be placed appropriately throughout the website. These pictures can also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will be able to directly access our Facebook page and our new Twitter feed right from the site!
- Game of the Week: Each week, one game will be chosen from one of the league schedules and will be featured on the homepage. Each game will have an excitement value to it whether that be an old rivalry or a rookie against a veteran!
- A Junior's Page is in the works!
Game of the Week
What's Happening in 2014-2015?
- Opening House: October 15th!
- Leagues start-up, October 20th.
- Learn to Curl - An introduction for new curlers will be scheduled for the week of the Open House.
- Want to be part of a team off the ice? Contact the Club for Board position opportunities. It's your Club!
- Updated and powerful standings! All league convenors, please look to your left and see the submissions tab. Here, you can send us your standings and scores.
- Updated score cards! We have created a new template that will allow for more diverse score tracking. This is just like professional curling scoring!
- A complete list of our bonspiels, brunches, and events will be released soon.
Thank you to our 2013-14 sponsors - click here